BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

I'm thinking of introducing Snake heads to my neighbor's pond since he won't give me an answer to the question of putting a few Muscovy ducklings there. Actually I don't blame him but I am considering having a pond dug on our property....don't know if we would have Muscovies or.....Snake heads. They grow fast and the ones I've eaten were quite good.

I think if I brought in the Snake heads, I might get tarred&feathered....Most of my neighbors wouldn't really understand orappreciate it. There are a couple who wouldn't mind heating up the tar for me on GP as things stand now...
lau.gif

I'm thinking of introducing Snake heads to my neighbor's pond since he won't give me an answer to the question of putting a few Muscovy ducklings there. Actually I don't blame him but I am considering having a pond dug on our property....don't know if we would have Muscovies or.....Snake heads. They grow fast and the ones I've eaten were quite good.

I think if I brought in the Snake heads, I might get tarred&feathered....Most of my neighbors wouldn't really understand orappreciate it. There are a couple who wouldn't mind heating up the tar for me on GP as things stand now...
lau.gif

You aren't serious about the snake heads, are you? BAD news fish. If they don't like the pond they will just hike over to the next one. They are trying to keep them out of Ontario but it's probably already too late. How about some yummy native catfish? They sell this fantastic lime/coconut encrusted catfish at one of our local grocery stores, delicious!

Does anyone have any experience with Dixie Rainbow chickens for meat and laying. I can get adult rooster that was born this spring and was wondering to put that in my flock..

Those snakeheads make a great sport fish, fight hard from what I've read. Same with those flying carp, funny stuff watching them bow fish for them. We used to have huge regular invasive carp in the Cannonsville reservoir, I used to catch them as big as salmon. Was plenty of suckers also. Haven't caught any this last few yrs, heard a rumor that's probably true that a family of Russian's really put a dent into them.

Back
Top Bottom