BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

It's been a while since I posted, my health is kicking my butt. I am sad to say that I lost my bantam frizzle, she was more of a pet to me so sad. My other half built me a new run off the coop and apparently something was able to get under and when I found her all that was left was her rump area and feet. I had him close off that run.

It's been a while since I posted, my health is kicking my butt. I am sad to say that I lost my bantam frizzle, she was more of a pet to me so sad. My other half built me a new run off the coop and apparently something was able to get under and when I found her all that was left was her rump area and feet. I had him close off that run.

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear all of this. :hugs

It looks like I have a new primary breeder for my meat line of NNs. Meet Rocky, who just clocked in at 11 lbs at 32 weeks. I love everything about this bird, from growth rate and size, leg color, feathering and definitely his personality. I'm very excited to see what his offspring turn out like next year.
Rocky 3.jpg

It looks like I have a new primary breeder for my meat line of NNs. Meet Rocky, who just clocked in at 11 lbs at 32 weeks. I love everything about this bird, from growth rate and size, leg color, feathering and definitely his personality. I'm very excited to see what his offspring turn out like next year.
View attachment 1171020
Pretty bird!

View attachment 1171020
This is a great thread with little activity.

It's gonna be tough to go through this thread to find out his breeding. Do you mind sharing a bit about him? Quick of course for us new kids. I hate to make you repeay yourself.

This is a great thread with little activity.

It's gonna be tough to go through this thread to find out his breeding. Do you mind sharing a bit about him? Quick of course for us new kids. I hate to make you repeay yourself.

His mother (Cocoa Puffs) is from my first generation line of NNs - homozygous; buff barred and caries the blue egg gene.

Cocoa Puffs.jpg

Dad (Monty) was a bit of a "mutt", fully feathered - 1/2 White Rock (and also carrying the barring gene) and 1/2 something else. I think it was an Ameraucana/game bird mix, but it was a "surprise" chick in some hatching eggs I'd ordered from someone who was supposed to be breeding pure Silver Grey Dorkings. He also carried the blue egg gene.

Monty - front.jpg

This is Monty's father, Rocky's grandfather:
Copper at 19 Weeks.jpg

Back
Top Bottom