BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Why's there water look yellow mine is usually brown because I use malasas in there water for the first few days

It's probably a vitamin and mineral mix. I have a package of vitamins and minerals that colours the water yellow. This ensures the chicks get off to a good start, feed supposedly has vitamins and minerals but sometimes (depending on how the feed was handled or what it is) the vitamins break down. Molasses has some minerals and vitamins, but the packaged mix has them all.

Why's there water look yellow mine is usually brown because I use malasas in there water for the first few days
The yellow is a solution of soluble vitamins and electrolytes. The comment you made about round legs and the comment I made about bone...my chicks grow big. It is possible if I did not add the vitamins and electrolytes the bones may not hold the faster growth. So yellow good.

Manufacturer: Durvet
Water Soluble Powder Concentrate
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Per 4 oz.

Per lb.​
Sodium, Min

27%

27.0%​
Sodium, Max

32%

32.0%​
Potassium, Min

2.0%

2.0%​
Vitamin A, Min

10,000,000 IU​
Vitamin D3, Min

4,000,000 IU​
Vitamin E, Min

4,000 IU​
Vitamin B-12, Min

10.0 Mg​
Riboflavin, Min

3,000 Mg​
d-Pantothenic Acid, Min

5,000 Mg​
Niacin, Min

10,000 Mg​
Menadione, Min

4,000 Mg​
Folic Acid, Min

260 Mg​
Thiamine Hydrochloride, Min

1,000 Mg​
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Min

1,000 Mg​
Ascorbic Acid, Min

15,000 Mg​
Ingredients

Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity), Folic Acid, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Potassium Chloride and Dextrose.
A water-soluble premix of vitamins and electrolytes formulated to be a nutrient supplement applicable for use in poultry, swine, ruminants and horses.

Directions For Use

AS WATER ADDITIVE:
FOR: Automatic Proportioners delivering 1-ounce stock solution per gallon of drinking water.
Dissolve 1 package (4 oz.) per gallon of stock solution.
FOR: Drinking Water.
Dissolve 1/2 package in 55 gallons or 1 package in 110 gallons. Always mix fresh solutions daily.
AS FEED ADDITIVE: Thoroughly mix 1 package (4 oz.) per ton of complete ration containing the regular levels of fortification.

Vitamins & Electrolytes Concentrate Caution

For animal use only. Not for human consumption.
Manufactured For DURVET, INCORPORATED, Blue Springs, Missouri 64014
www.durvet.com
dose is 1/2 teaspoon per gallon
My chicks go from 34.9g at birth to 400.3g in 14 days
an increase of 1046.99% a gain of 26.1g per day since birth.

-This is not the same chick in both pictures-

Last edited:
I guess this is our 'Easter Snow'. I'll just sit here and enjoy some really good coffee while my son heats kid milk and fills the bottles. I still get a few perks for pretending I'm the boss around here.
idunno.gif

Snow? Wow. It's supposed to be about 85 here today. I can no longer imagine having to deal with snow this late in March.

Did I mention I've already run our air conditioning once this year?
ep.gif

yes, last year with my Dorking hen. She spent 2 days in the nest of her choosing before I put her in a nest of my choosing, (still in the same pen,) where she spent one day before moving back to her original nest. Then I moved her to a new pen, and gave her some wooden eggs to sit on, which she did. Two nights later, I started pulling the wooden eggs out, and she started growling at me, but got over it when she realized I was swapping eggs for chicks. A week later, I gave her another batch of chicks to go with the first, and she remained a devoted mother for a full 8 weeks. She is a keeper.
Angela

Definitely a keeper! My broody White Rock has made it abundantly clear that she will accept eggs only at this time. I guess I'm mama.

Why would you want to give newly hatched chicks a laxative?
[/quote

I have always gave it to them not as soon as they hatch just they day after when I put them in the brooder and they seem to like it better and to get some more fluids in them after hatching even though they ate/drink that yolk but they like it so that's just what I always have gave them when they hatch and in the brooder

Back
Top Bottom