BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Mom is from Holland and when the horse got hurt or to old you make sasage and you can hate me but till you have tryed it it is a lot like venison but I look at it as something has to die for something to live be it plant or animal
On another note my friend in grade school his dad use to make smoke huts out of old refrigerators and man did we fight over the venison that came out of that old fridge

Mom is from Holland and when the horse got hurt or to old you make sasage and you can hate me but till you have tryed it it is a lot like venison but I look at it as something has to die for something to live be it plant or animal
On another note my friend in grade school his dad use to make smoke huts out of old refrigerators and man did we fight over the venison that came out of that old fridge

Absolutely nothing wrong with eating horse meat. I wouldn't want one so old it's teeth are falling out but I find it to be a perfectly acceptable animal for human consumption. Big sales in Europe, especially France and Italy.

Dad showed me once how to process fish, rabbits, squirrel, grouse, turkey, deer etc when I was young 12 or so, it was always 'you kill it you clean it' ever since. I couldn't imagine paying someone to process any animal.
I know a guy at work that skins and quarters deer in the woods backpacks them out, his wife does the rest, says 'I played my part your turn'. Lol!
That would be nice, well my wife did help once, she did OK I guess, as good as most people would, but I'm really particular on how I like them done up, prefer to cut them up myself. :)

We're pretty particular also, which is why it was always Mom and I handling all the meat over the years, but I figured it was time to pass the baton down to the boys and they can eat their own meat~if they don't clean it well, they are the only one that has to suffer. I "charge" them a ham off each deer and that goes to "the house" for the privilege of using the land to hunt and our facilities for processing, as well as my services of canning the deer up for them~I clean and handle that meat, as well as supervise the gutting/skinning, etc. The charge of a ham is just so we have enough venison here to feed them when they come out to hunt, visit, etc. as we only eat it when one of the boys comes out for a meal.

We don't eat our animals they stay until they die

It's a shame you waste your good animals in that way. If I loved an animal, I wouldn't wait until they sickened from old age or other causes and died to give them a merciful ending. I kill my animals when they are still feeling great and every day is a good day, right up until that last few seconds. No animals suffering and dying on the hoof here....I care about them too much to do that to them.

You won't hear any guff from me on eating horses...that's a lot of meat and I've heard it's delicious. Many, many unwanted horses in the US die a horrible death because people won't utilize them for food for other creatures. Nope, they'd rather they starve, die of neglect, abuse or old age in the hands of the people who claim to love animals so much.

I have a weird view on eating horse. I have 7 horses, they are my pets, but, if I found one dead in the field one day, I would most likely butcher it and feed it to my pets. I wouldn't eat it myself, but only because my horses are vaccinated every year for many things and I spray them with fly spray, all of these things say they aren't for animals meant for consumption. I don't know how much of that gets into the meat or how long it stays, so I won't eat it. Also, if my horses get sick, they get medicine, so if they were recently sick, then they get burried, same if they are put down. But, a horse that was healthy, and died of natural causes (not put down) would make a lot of dog and cat food...

Well, I got a very hard lesson in "child proofing" my nursery pen. I thought I had it all sealed up, but I guess I needed to think more like a chick since one precocious little Austra White found his way into the "frat house" next door. I came home from a medical appointment to find two of my extra NN cockerels protecting the little guy from my EE and Dorking-mix roosters...but the chick was NOT unscathed. They damaged his beak, comb, and ear and barely missed his eye. He's now in isolation in the house after receiving from basic medical care from this very remorseful (human) chicken mama. Luckily, chickens, like dogs, are amazingly resilient. He's now eating, drinking and happily roosting on my finger every chance I give him...but he looks awful.

Back
Top Bottom