BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Skin is white. Sorry for not reporting on the Pebbles(DOH 10/13/15) project hatch sooner. Her first eggs where laid 4/16/16 at 6 months of age. The Auggie egg was laid 4/26/16. Bob is Dad. The Bob crew is moving to the gazebo pen this weekend. This should create havoc with egg gathering. Maybe now is a good time to take a break. 85% to 90% humidity and 100+ degrees F. Its hot, I wear heavy tactical Propper pants and 100% poly shirts. Pouring sweat and leg cramps from dehydration while sleeping. It's time to slow down a little.
sickbyc.gif
th.gif

I know what you mean. We may reach 120*F this weekend. The humidity hasn't kicked it into high gear yet, but when it's that hot it's rather like living in a blast furnace. I'll be amazed if I don't lose any more chickens to heat stroke. I'll be amazed if I don't get heat stroke.
roll.png

I know what you mean. We may reach 120*F this weekend. The humidity hasn't kicked it into high gear yet, but when it's that hot it's rather like living in a blast furnace. I'll be amazed if I don't lose any more chickens to heat stroke. I'll be amazed if I don't get heat stroke.
roll.png
I worked for many wears in areas of the world where it got hotter than the hinges of hell, frequently carrying packs that weighed more than I'll say because the average civilian would think it a lie. That was work and I did it but I don't think I could live like that ever again.

I don't mean to gloat much but this old house stays so cool, we never need air conditioning, just ceiling fans and/or the big old belt driven Fisher in the attic.

J.

I worked for many wears in areas of the world where it got hotter than the hinges of hell, frequently carrying packs that weighed more than I'll say because the average civilian would think it a lie. That was work and I did it but I don't think I could live like that ever again.

I don't mean to gloat much but this old house stays so cool, we never need air conditioning, just ceiling fans and/or the big old belt driven Fisher in the attic.

J.

After doing that sort of thing I'd imagine that Desert Chic's place would feel cool too
lol.png

You have cold winters, but are your summers hot where you are too? We don't have air conditioning either, but some days....ugh. I'm not at all fond of summer myself, I find it a very non-productive time of year- we go on "Island time" and that's the best way to deal with it.

85% to 90% humidity and 100+ degrees F. Its hot, I wear heavy tactical Propper pants and 100% poly shirts. Pouring sweat and leg cramps from dehydration while sleeping. It's time to slow down a little.
sickbyc.gif
th.gif
WHY are you wearing poly??? That fabric does not breathe - it's like wrapping yourself up with Saran wrap. Best fabric fiber in the heat is *linen*, with second best being viscose (Rayon), then cotton. Even tropical weight wool is better than poly! As for the leg cramps: bananas (for the potassium). Also, don't hold back on the salt shaker. If you are out in the heat and working up a sweat, then you need the salt. When I was in the Army and we went down to Ft. Polk (Louisiana) when it was still hot, anyone who didn't eat the MREs had to "eat" the salt packet in the MRE. In Iraq, it wasn't so much of a problem, as we craved salt out in the desert.

Last edited:

J.

Hmmm...I think you're enjoying the gloating at least a little, LOL!
wink.png

I can't even imagine what it was like for you overseas in that environment. I'm always amazed by and grateful for what all of you military personnel have and continue to endure in your dedication to this country.

I will confess that I envy you this time of year. My house has been closed up with the A/C on for weeks now and I miss having fresh air blow through. That said, I still work outside for much of the day with the temp over 100* and as long as the humidity stays low, I stay hydrated, and I can cool off from time to time, I'm okay. What really blows my mind is seeing the teenagers around here wearing long pants, long sleeved shirts and sometimes even hoodies and wool beanies, all darkly colored, in this intense heat. I questioned my son (17-years old) about the absurdity of this fashion trend. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "It's the current fashion". Seriously???!!!! So I told him to get his butt outside and trim some mesquite trees, in the heat, wearing his "fashionable" clothing. Within thirty minutes he was back in the house changing into shorts. Lesson learned...at least temporarily.

It's 85 degrees with 55% humidity here right now... but... where I work, on Monday it was 120 degrees at one of the machines and it's so humid you start sweating the second you walk in the door...

It's 85 degrees with 55% humidity here right now... but... where I work, on Monday it was 120 degrees at one of the machines and it's so humid you start sweating the second you walk in the door...

th.gif
YUK!

See, that's why I was so eager to move away from Ohio. That's what summer was like there and I hated it. In fact, I only liked 2 months out of the year....May and October. At least here I only DISlike 2 months out of the year.
cool.png

WHY are you wearing poly???  That fabric does not breathe - it's like wrapping yourself up with Saran wrap.  Best fabric fiber in the heat is *linen*, with second best being viscose (Rayon), then cotton.  Even tropical weight wool is better than poly!  As for the leg cramps: bananas (for the potassium).  Also, don't hold back on the salt shaker.  If you are out in the heat and working up a sweat, then you need the salt.  When I was in the Army and we went down to Ft. Polk (Louisiana) when it was still hot, anyone who didn't eat the MREs had to "eat" the salt packet in the MRE.  In Iraq, it wasn't so much of a problem, as we craved salt out in the desert.

Work clothes. Tactial wear prevents otherwise devistating dog bites and cat scratches.

Back
Top Bottom