Breeding Golden Brahams!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Aaronblackman, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Aaronblackman

Aaronblackman In the Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Hey,

I have two golden brahma hens, of very good quality. I am thinking about getting 6-12 golden brahma hatching eggs from ebay, odds are i will get a cock, and keep another hen to breed from, the plan is to then sell the remaining birds on and keep the three hens and cock for breeding, I have seen a few golden brahma cocks and have notice that they are very big, the firend whos cock it was (LOL.. sorry coudnt keep a straight face saying that) said it isnt at its full size yet, and it was blumming big at that age..

Does anyone have any pictures of golden brahma cocks maybe up against a fully grown hen?

Another question, I play to sell them for about, £15 a hen, £12 a cock - trio for £30, is this reasonable, maybe more? or a little less?

Aaron

2. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Songster

Jan 18, 2010
    Never heard of Golden Brahmas. Is it a Buff Brahma?

3. dak

dak geek dvm

Mar 21, 2010
    Aaron, I think you might get a better answer on the brahma thread. Also, I'm guessing your from over the pond, where they have a greater variety of brahma colors. Are you refering to the gold colored variety of dark brahmas?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by