I was going to breed Amako, broken castor rex, to Getsuko, the badly marked dutch buck I got, keep a male and breed back to Amako for the rex coat. After some thought I have decided to neuter Getsuko and Just get some purebred rex. I'm talking to someone with a pedigreed broken castor buck and I might get a broken opal or blue from her. Most likely not show quality but better than mutts and I can still butcher any that don't sell (I can't say that on the rabbit forum which is why I"m posting here). This does delay my plan for chinchilla meat rabbits because I don't have room for 2 breeds but I wasn't sure I was ready for that anyway. I think it would be better to wait until next year when hopefully we will be able to buy a house instead of renting. The rabbit forum won't talk to me since I'm not breeding registered rabbits and my culling plan involves turning them in to dog food so a few questions for you guys. Can I keep a neutered buck with an unneutered buck or will I have to make a seperate cage for Getsuko? Can females be kept together? I have a 3x6 solid bottom cage that I can divide easily. Then I'm building a 2x4 wire bottom cage that I also plan to be able to divide. Plus someone gave me a couple of your standard little wire cages from the feed store. So do I have to keep all rabbits seperate all the time or who can mix with who when? Second problem is temperature. We covered the screened porch in plastic last fall and I just never took it down because it made a nice waterproof and slightly temperature control room. I keep the window open between the house and porch to cool it a little and so far they've been fine with our summer temps. What about winter? I'm not sure I can keep it above freezing so there are also water issues but aside from that how well do mini rex handle cold? What temperatures are ok to let them raise kits? Pictures to come.