Breeding phoenix bantam to oegb/azteca

Kguti313

Hatching
Apr 2, 2024
Hello so I have a phoenix bantam and that I’m trying to breed to my azteca to make mini versions of the phoenix how would I make it work or would the eggs be fertile thanks. And if someone have some ideas or done it before please reply.

Hello so I have a phoenix bantam and that I’m trying to breed to my azteca to make mini versions of the phoenix how would I make it work or would the eggs be fertile thanks.
I'm not familiar with Aztecas, but as long as they are a breed of chicken, it will probably work just fine.

Sometimes chickens have trouble mating when they are very different sizes,* but even then it often works. When chickens are fairly close to the same size, no matter what breed they are, they usually manage to mate and produce fertile eggs with no problems, and the eggs hatch just as well as any other fertile eggs.

*Examples of chickens that have trouble mating due to size differences: a tiny bantam rooster with a large hen may not manage to mate properly and produce fertile eggs. A large rooster might be so heavy he injures a tiny bantam hen when he mates with her.

I'm not familiar with Aztecas, but as long as they are a breed of chicken, it will probably work just fine.

Sometimes chickens have trouble mating when they are very different sizes,* but even then it often works. When chickens are fairly close to the same size, no matter what breed they are, they usually manage to mate and produce fertile eggs with no problems, and the eggs hatch just as well as any other fertile eggs.

*Examples of chickens that have trouble mating due to size differences: a tiny bantam rooster with a large hen may not manage to mate properly and produce fertile eggs. A large rooster might be so heavy he injures a tiny bantam hen when he mates with her.
Thank you for replying and your good info helps out a lot

Back
Top Bottom