Breeding Program????

Rolling mating in SHORT is breeding the best pullets to the best cocks, and the best hens to the best cockerels each year. There's more to it than that, but, I'll someone else elaborate.

Clan matings is too complex for me to type out in brief. Wait for saladin's article.

The article by Craig and Dick that Chris posted is what you want.

Read that, then if there is something you don't understand just asked. One of us will help.

Did you see my reference to 'Hound-dog Breeding?' It is the simpliest of all.

Quote:
Yes, Thank you..I must say that all the research that im doing is a full time job to say the least,
smile.png
im also following the rare and old breeds thread as well. Once again Thank you

I would suggest picking one breed to start with, and STICK to it! Lol, it's so easy to get new breeds of chickens. Study the SOP, go to shows talk to breeders, look at birds, learn who's who. Keep records, We use Bandetts and bands for that on an XL Spread Sheet, we have it set up by Band #, Breed, Veriety, Hatch Month/Year, Bloodline (ie, Person you bought it from, and then 'Other' i normally put wether i bought it or hatched it. You could go as far as to add a "Show Results" section and keep track of how it does at shows, i normally only note BV BB and higher.

Quote:
Yes, Thank you..I must say that all the research that im doing is a full time job to say the least,
smile.png
im also following the rare and old breeds thread as well. Once again Thank you

Great, I just wanted to be sure.

The advice given to you by Celtic Hill is good sounds advice; I just never was able to follow it myself. (The part about keeping one breed).

Back
Top Bottom