breeding season

Tony K T

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Well,I got my pens all ready for breeding season today.Fresh xmas trees,straw and baskets all ready for eggs.All the new pairs are paired up and ready to go.
In N.H.,Tony.

Quote:
Hi Tony, would you please post some pics? I want to learn how to do from you. Thanks a lot.
Happy new year to all!

Got all my pens cleaned out and new hay.(except the elliots. Tommorrow though) Put down a new layer of white beach sand. Looks like snow in the pens.
tongue.png
I dont add my cedar bough cover though till next month. Good luck this year Tony. Shawn

Heck, I have eggs in the incubator already. Most are fertile. Seems like a never ending season.

Here they are.
Quote:
Hi Tony, would you please post some pics? I want to learn how to do from you. Thanks a lot.
Happy new year to all!

No,I want the hens to be familiar with their pen before they start to lay.If I wait until they start laying,I think the new pieces may scare them.This gives them time to explore and know that the boxes are nothing for them to worry about.
In N.H.,Tony.

Tony

I am getting my pens ready for breeding season and was wonder when do you begin feeding your pheasants "laying" feed? I have been feeding them game bird maintenance over the winter. The wildflowers are beginning to come out since about three weeks ago so I figure the coldest days are gone for southern Louisiana. The lowest temp was about 30 degrees so far this winter. I have my Amherst pheasants paired off with one trio. They are doing fine and hope that they lay well this spring. I have not found any eggs as of yet. I would appreciate you input on the "laying" feed time.

Back
Top Bottom