BREEDING

Gimmeaduck

Chirping
Dec 5, 2021
I have two Rouen ducks. A mated pair. They are both about 6 months old. She never let him breed her and I thought all was well. Recently I made a move and someone is taking care of the ducks at their home. Both ducks are now housed with turkeys and chicken and a mud fenced in tiny lot.
The property owner told me that Duffy is breeding Daisy A LOT. I was under the impression this is not good that it can hurt her.
Is that true, does he need to separate them. I fed them free choice but he now feeding the 1/2 can a day. I was told 200 grams which is a bit less than 1/2 pound. Since Duffy is so big, is the disruption in the quantity of his pellets going to cause a weight loss? Duffy is a BIG boy. They get out of the pen and go bugging during the day and get some scratch grain as well.
They were my babies so I'm pretty cautious about their care. I always did it all by the book. I know not everyone is the same way. But he is pretty big duck. Do their crops not need to be full?
1664038092550.png

please help with answers
1664037877283.png

Last edited:
I am no expert in ducks, but I have read that drakes can become aggressive with their hens when they do mate, so depending on whether he xauses any real damage you may have to seperate them, but I have also read that they can be depressed if they are not with other ducks. I think it might be better if you just see how it goes and ask if the landowner if he is harming her, if he is jumping her and she resists, etc. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom