Breeds and genders

Thank you for all your advice so far. Yesterday I returned 3 roosters back to the breeder (splash Orpington, blue Australorp and Marans). Unfortunately the other week our little runt passed away. I am holding on to the Black Australorp as he hasn't started crowing yet, and he is just so handsome.

I was hoping that was all the. It's, but now one of my gold wyandottes has started growing a curly tail. Is she really a he? 🙁

PXL_20210131_081910344.jpg

PXL_20210131_081915479.jpg

PXL_20210131_081935979.jpg

Thank you for all your advice so far. Yesterday I returned 3 roosters back to the breeder (splash Orpington, blue Australorp and Marans). Unfortunately the other week our little runt passed away. I am holding on to the Black Australorp as he hasn't started crowing yet, and he is just so handsome.

I was hoping that was all the. It's, but now one of my gold wyandottes has started growing a curly tail. Is she really a he? 🙁

View attachment 2509976
View attachment 2509977
View attachment 2509978
She is a pullet. Tail feathers are not indicative of gender at this age.

I'm regards to what sex your chicks are, its very difficult to tell at this age. I recommend sharing pictures of them again at around 2 months of age.

Very pretty chicks!

Gosh I feel dumb. Didn't realize how old this thread was. Looks like you got it under control. 😂

Back
Top Bottom