Breeds, Genetics, skin and leg color , ect of pure breed

DaKid

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Berkley , Ma.
Ok I know on here BYC has a good sort of informatiomation about chickens feather coloring - , skin coloring , feet coloring , and ect. but some of the infor is missing , I hade a few other web site in my laptop that crash which I have 3 maybe 6 web site stating everything about a pure breed color wish as feathers - skin -feet -beak and so on , but I seem to crash my main computer dest top and only have some of the infor on my laptop.
so My question is which web sites have a good part of infor . about pure breed chickens -turkeys and ducks.

my questions are plenty , but what I'm looking for is like the differance between say an opr. chicken vs a rock chick which to the aveage person one would not be able to tell they see say a white Orp vs white roch and to most would thing well there the same , leg color and what ever, but I know 1 has a difference skin color even if the feathers are the same but skin color and leg color makes the differance plus body size and the way the look ...............
so can any1 help me find difference web site so I can redownload to not only help me once again but teach my friends and young adult children who are just getting into the hobby and trying to keep the difference breeds true for breeding . thanks

thatts what I get 4not backin up my computer with all my infor - web sites- and picture ...........

thanks Al

Your best best would be to get a copy of the Standard of Perfection from the American Poultry Assoc., which has all the breeds, their characteristics, and their DQs. I dont know if the new ones are out yet, but theres a wealth of info there, to answer all your questions.

Most of the web sites for the individual breeds have that information on their websites, so you just need to Google the individual breeds, and their web sites will come up for you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom