Breeds I Can't Figure Out

#1 I believe is a Silver Leghorn...based opinion on her having yellow legs. Don't believe she is a Silver Phoenix as they have slate/blue legs.

But she really does not have a leghorn comb size either.....maybe because she is young yet.

Last edited:
Quote:
Agree for the most part,
#2 could be a black Andalusian
#3 could be a Houdans

That's what someone told me that number #3 is - a Houdan!

I don't feel so bad that I can't identify them when the experts are having a hard time!
smile.png

So taking what everyone has said, and doing a search on Google for images, this is what I believe we have.

#1 - Silver Leghorn
#2 - Black Minorca
#3 - Houdan
#4 - Golden Campine
#5 - Easter Egger
#6 - Easter Egger

Thanks all, I would not have known where to start!

John

After looking through the McMurray catalog, here are my guesses.
tongue.png

#1- Silver Leghorn
#2- Black Minorca
#3- White Crested Black Polish?
#4- Golden Campine
#5 & 6- "Ameraucana" (Easter Egger)

I'm not sure about #3, but it's the only top hat breed they offer that is black/white with no beard.
hu.gif
It IS from a hatchery, so the coloring/markings can sometimes be low quality...

Quote:
<Sorry, OT>

Cowgirl, do you have Longhorn cattle? I noticed your avatar. We raise Longhorns too.

Quote:
<Sorry, OT>

Cowgirl, do you have Longhorn cattle? I noticed your avatar. We raise Longhorns too.

I have mostly Black Angus, but one of my cows is a Longhorn (cross?). Here's a picture of "Cowgirl" from February with her Angus-sired heifer calf, "Savannah." Do you think Cowgirl is a cross? I think she's got some Santa Gertrudis or Beefmaster in her, with those big droopy ears, but maybe not??? Sorry it only shows her front half...

48412_liesls_pics_218.jpg

And here's her first baby, "Purdy" (sired by an Angus), with her own first baby, "Jasmine"...
48412_liesls_pics_256.jpg

Back
Top Bottom