Breeds? (need help)

mr.mc.

Songster
8 Years
Apr 25, 2011
Indiana
well... I'm just gone skip ahead to the question if ya don't mind. Is there any breed in the duck world that stands out for being less messy than the others? (at least less messy then those darn pekins
tongue.png
)

Watching several breeds as babies so far (see signature)- not so far. The Pekins, Buffs and 300s so far are significantly water messier than the rest but the rest are still a hot mess when it comes to water so thats not saying much. My runners seem to splash a little less than my Pekins and Buff but again, they still do make mess.

A clean duck? Is that even possible?
lau.gif

However, my scovy drake was much cleaner than any of my mallard derived breed

A small breed like a Mandarin or Wood duck will make less mess that I big one. But they are no good if you want to eat lots of eggs!

All ducks are messy!

You control the mess by using facilities that control mess. Water goes over drainage pits so the splashes don't make mud. Food is not right next to water to limit the amount of food that goes into the water. Pellets are less messy than mash.

Swimming pools are on something that doesn't make mud: sand, concrete, lawn, wire......

Put an on/off valve on the end of your hose, so the water doesn't run every where while you are cleaning and watering.

If you get a lot of rain, runs are covered so they don't get soaked.

this may not be the answer you're looking for, but I was amazed how tidy my 3 goslings were, and have continued to be as adults. They DRINK their water, not strew it around like confetti. Downright civilized, those geese!

this may not be the answer you're looking for, but I was amazed how tidy my 3 goslings were, and have continued to be as adults. They DRINK their water, not strew it around like confetti. Downright civilized, those geese!
Hmmmm... I've been wondering about that for a lil wile now. But, I've been told that geese are much more aggressive than ducks, so i don't know.
hu.gif

Hmmmm... I've been wondering about that for a lil wile now. But, I've been told that geese are much more aggressive than ducks, so i don't know.
hu.gif
Not in my case. My ducks actually bullied my Geese for years. Plus my Geese are much more affectionate.

Back
Top Bottom