Breeds

saggitt

In the Brooder
Aug 18, 2019
Southwestern Ontario Canada
Is there a Moderately reliable recommendation for least aggressive, least pecking fighting breed? Just had to rehome two of four as the bullying got to bleeding wounds level! Small four bird backyard flock. Good coup run space etc. Two healing and no issues. But if I go back to four or even three I don’t want this again. Any suggestions on who is easy to live with!?

Is there a Moderately reliable recommendation for least aggressive, least pecking fighting breed? Just had to rehome two of four as the bullying got to bleeding wounds level! Small four bird backyard flock. Good coup run space etc. Two healing and no issues. But if I go back to four or even three I don’t want this again. Any suggestions on who is easy to live with!?
Are you talking about roosters? Chickens in general will posture, square off, peck and sometimes chase one another. Sometimes they can be bullies but for the most part, they work it out among themselves. It's all a part of establishing their pecking order. With roosters it can be more violent so that's why most don't have more than 1 around.

I can vouch for Cochins and Faverolles alike as far as being easy going. For us, Cochins have been our main breed for the last few years, they are very easy to live with and tend to get along with one another very well. Almost all I have are black:
1590451059434.png

Only white Cochin I have:
1590451108347.png

Are you talking about roosters? Chickens in general will posture, square off, peck and sometimes chase one another. Sometimes they can be bullies but for the most part, they work it out among themselves. It's all a part of establishing their pecking order. With roosters it can be more violent so that's why most don't have more than 1 around.
Thx. Nope all hens. Been together ten months.

Back
Top Bottom