Bresse Chickens

Here is the response from the owner of the Bresse farm in MS:

Our hens and roosters look the same way when there young and growing. A lot of that will disappear as they get older. Thanks for contacting us!

Justin

I bet you are correct. They have legbars on the website. Honesty would have gone a long way with me too. These Blue Bresse chicks cost too much to be OK with mutts. They are down to 1 star now, IMO.
That's pretty much insinuating that their customers are stupid, in my book. I would suggest going to the Good Egg/Bad Egg groups on fb and posting a review. Anybody that's done even a minimal amount of research on (I would think if one was going to spend that much money on something, that they would do the minimum research) Bresse knows that they never go through a "barred" stage of development.

Hello everyone..had posted something that had gotten completely ignored in this thread but now interested in eggs for incubating.

Does anyone have or know of anyone that might have eggs to incubate from AB raised in the north east (that have that genetic background) or that are of the first Bresse Greenfire farms importation?

I appreciate the time and assistance. Thank you.

Hello everyone. Does anyone have any Bresse eggs for incubating for sale? Interested in producing my own breeding program for them and I just acquired some chicks from Green fire not to long ago but would like to have some outcrosses as well.

Thank you.

IMG_6263.JPG
IMG_6264.JPG
Here are some of my Bresse pullets. I have some cockerels from a different source who are still young. In the mean time my Swedish Flower Hen rooster is enjoying their company.

I processed mine in the middle of July when it was 100 degrees. The meat is very good and that is with me not conditioning them in the proper way. It was far too hot to keep them confined. From that experience I learned to plan the processing when it is cool, for me and the birds sake. What has happily surprised me is their egg laying capacity. They lay tons of eggs! Thank you for the compliment. SFH's are my absolute favorite!

Back
Top Bottom