Bresse farms miss leading sales tactics…

MTR

Songster
Apr 13, 2020
I just wanted to put this out there for thoughts. I bought a bunch of chicks from Bresse Farms - splash, blue and black Bresse I supposedly purchased. I got mostly chickens that looked dirty (like a filthy white Bresse - yellow tinted feathers) or that looked like a dark chickens with white hackles. None of them - not one - looked anything like what was presented on the site.
What do you do? I feel there is dishonest sales practices there.

I just wanted to put this out there for thoughts. I bought a bunch of chicks from Bresse Farms - splash, blue and black Bresse I supposedly purchased. I got mostly chickens that looked dirty (like a filthy white Bresse - yellow tinted feathers) or that looked like a dark chickens with white hackles. None of them - not one - looked anything like what was presented on the site.
What do you do? I feel there is dishonest sales practices there.
This is an update:

I posted a Google review detailing my grievances with the chickens. I got a call about an hour later from Justin the owner of Bresse Farms. He said he thinks I was probably sent the wrong box of chicks because they’ve been super booked. He is sending me a new box free of charge. I’ll post on here how they turn out but I’m encouraged by the fact he cared and reached out.

This is an update:

I posted a Google review detailing my grievances with the chickens. I got a call about an hour later from Justin the owner of Bresse Farms. He said he thinks I was probably sent the wrong box of chicks because they’ve been super booked. He is sending me a new box free of charge. I’ll post on here how they turn out but I’m encouraged by the fact he cared and reached out.
Hate to say this but I wouldn't get my hopes up. He does this a lot, even reaches out and still sends poor quality birds.

Hate to say this but I wouldn't get my hopes up. He does this a lot, even reaches out and still sends poor quality birds.
Thanks - I’m a realist. Seems like most of his specialty birds are probably bred for Max production instead of quality. But I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt since he seems to be trying until again shown otherwise.

Thanks - I’m a realist. Seems like most of his specialty birds are probably bred for Max production instead of quality. But I’m willing to give the benefit of the doubt since he seems to be trying until again shown otherwise.
Update…

I got 13 chicks in the mail and they look promising. They look accurate to breed type and all were healthy. Will update on quality as they grow.

Sounds like you got lucky. We ordered 32 American Bresse. Two died in the first 24 hours. It's been about 10 days, and we've lost 6 more. One had a wildly deformed leg. Those that died failed to thrive, but now even the normal sized ones are becoming lethargic. Treating for coccidia with Corid in their water and medicated chick starter. We've never had issues with chicks dying once hatched. Very clearly these are sickly birds.

I spoke with Justin within 24 hours of receiving them (at that point 3 had died). He said he'd "credit" me for two birds (the two that died on the first day) when I re-order. I tried not to laugh. I wouldn't order from there again if it was the last place available.

Very disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom