Bresse in 4H shows?

Thats good.

FWIW, our 4H is also not an APA show, however, during the judging for the Breed categories - where one bird is entered as a male or female (separate categories) to be judged within that category. They do use APA standards. I'm not sure what they would do for a non APA color. But the purpose of 4 H is for learning, and it is not a sanctioned show, that would get points towards anything, like you would for participating in actual APA shows. So, my kid entered an "incorrect" bird in a particular category a few years ago - cant remember the specifics - because it was all new to us and we just didn't know any better. However, while she could not win in that category, the judge still talked about the bird entered and gave pertinent info to the kid in a good and educational way. This is typically what is done by the judges.
It is about learning ... and for those who want, I do have a few APA colors but not a huge selection. One little guy in particular likes the lavender orps and the splash ameraucanas, which are not, but he can sure show them if that's what he wants to have :). Thanks a bunch! The biggest rule here is they have to be 2022 hatch, and time is getting short already for getting them to maturity in time ;)

It is about learning ... and for those who want, I do have a few APA colors but not a huge selection. One little guy in particular likes the lavender orps and the splash ameraucanas, which are not, but he can sure show them if that's what he wants to have :). Thanks a bunch! The biggest rule here is they have to be 2022 hatch, and time is getting short already for getting them to maturity in time ;)
Yeah that rule sucks.

Back
Top Bottom