Brevard County FL Ordinance change

I signed it, and here is a suggestion.... Bring in copies of ordinances from other counties in Florida to help your cause. Here is a link to the Pinellas County ordinance. It may help if they see other counties are on board.

Good luck!!!
yippiechickie.gif

http://pinellascountycitizensforbackyardpoultry.weebly.com/ordinances.html

Mavrk, contact Toby for the most recent updates

your birds will each need to be tested and cleared before bringing them with you from our of state. This can be by contacting your state NPIP person or by contacting a private vet to do the bloodwork and issue health certificates for the birds you will be hauling.

Last edited:
Mavrk, contact Toby for the most recent updates

your birds will each need to be tested and cleared before bringing them with you from our of state. This can be by contacting your state NPIP person or by contacting a private vet to do the bloodwork and issue health certificates for the birds you will be hauling.
Thanks for the info. I am not moving until June, so I hope all the work you all are doing will pay off by then. Keep up the good work.

I am really confused! The ordinance for raising chickens in unincorporated Brevard County, Florida states that we may have "...up to four (4)..." chickens. Code Enforcement told me that because my home sits on .38 acres in unincorporated Brevard County, I can only have one hen. One hen??? Chickens are social animals: one (1) hen will not survive, and I do not have any other animals.

Does anyone of you within this blog reside in Sherwood Estates, unincorporated Brevard County, Florida? We do not have a legal HOA; therefore, I am under the deed restrictions for unincorporated Brevard County. Plus, my entire backyard, which is extensive (over 166 feet), is enclosed with a six (6) foot fence.

Also, do any of you live within Meadows Lake Subdivision? I was sent to a homeowner within that small subdivision to view his twelve (12) chickens within his .25 acre home site!!!

Do you have any support for enforcement of the county ordinance for unincorporated Brevard County, Florida???

Appreciate your efforts,

I am really confused! The ordinance for raising chickens in unincorporated Brevard County, Florida states that we may have "...up to four (4)..." chickens. Code Enforcement told me that because my home sits on .38 acres in unincorporated Brevard County, I can only have one hen. One hen??? Chickens are social animals: one (1) hen will not survive, and I do not have any other animals.

Does anyone of you within this blog reside in Sherwood Estates, unincorporated Brevard County, Florida? We do not have a legal HOA; therefore, I am under the deed restrictions for unincorporated Brevard County. Plus, my entire backyard, which is extensive (over 166 feet), is enclosed with a six (6) foot fence.

Also, do any of you live within Meadows Lake Subdivision? I was sent to a homeowner within that small subdivision to view his twelve (12) chickens within his .25 acre home site!!!

Do you have any support for enforcement of the county ordinance for unincorporated Brevard County, Florida???

Appreciate your efforts,
I hope this helps you http://www.avidhomestead.com/brevard-county-florida-chicken-ordinance.aspx

If you live in unincorporated Brevard County like me. I have an acre of land. I suggest looking at this.

Are there any new petitions in the works for Brevard County specifically Titusville FL? I would love to sign on the petition to change the ordinance but I am only finding a petition from 2012.

The Brevard county ordinance seems pretty cut and paste but I live in Titusville FL which is Brevard county own 3/4 of an acre and was told no chickens were allowed period so which ordinance applies here county or city?

Back
Top Bottom