Brewers Yeast: A Chicken Conundrum

Pics
It didn't go anywhere, haha! That's a terrific find! I also didn't realize corks came in different sizes, I don't think we'd have been able to shove those #9's or whatever the number was in with a hand one.
FWIW that was in the early 90’s. I picked 23 pounds of blackberries and stuck them in the freezer. I was so thunderstruck with the bounty of wild berries that grow here after living in Colorado for years I couldn’t waste them.
So my aunt brought her potato masher over and we smashed them up and made wine! I think there might still be a bottle down there somewhere. Last one I brought up sat in the kitchen a couple days and had a secondary ferment start.It blew the cork out no kidding and the glass or two that remained was actually really good.

FWIW that was in the early 90’s. I picked 23 pounds of blackberries and stuck them in the freezer. I was so thunderstruck with the bounty of wild berries that grow here after living in Colorado for years I couldn’t waste them.
So my aunt brought her potato masher over and we smashed them up and made wine! I think there might still be a bottle down there somewhere. Last one I brought up sat in the kitchen a couple days and had a secondary ferment start.It blew the cork out no kidding and the glass or two that remained was actually really good.

Oh man, this happened with one of the meads he made. He made a cherry mead and used fresh cherries in the primary ferment and that airlock and bung(the cork for the airlock, another funny brewing word:laubung:gig), shot up, hit our ceiling, which is vaulted and like 18ft up there, then rocketed off to the other end of the room. It took some considerable searching to find.

In the process it blew bright red foamy stuff that forms on the top of the ferment all over the ceiling. And wall. And fireplace. I left that for him to deal with. I was nice I hunted down the shrapnel, sanitized it and replaced it.

Idk how it was in the 90s for brewing equipment, but now there is a nice stand up tripod corker, which holds your wine bottle and pushes the cork down into it perfectly. The hand held one....:barnie:he

Where do you live now? Colorado sucks! Were supposed to be getting up to 12 inches of snow tomorrow night. And nothing grows, it's not warm enough long enough, and the early frost killed off everything outside:hit

it is sunny here like 58 degrees but sunny I can do that more layers but no rain slicker
Its sunny here too, supposed to be real nice today! Then, tomorrow, and tuesday and wednesday, not so much :hit:hit:hit:hit
Screenshot_20191026-080111_The Weather Channel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom