Bridge Collapsing

Mr. Ree

Songster
12 Years
Feb 7, 2007
South Central, KY
How bad was it that the bridge in Minneapolis collapsed during rush hour yesterday. There are videos and pictures all over the internet. My heart goes out to the families of those injured and killed in this tragedy.

~Casey

It is tragic. I live in the cities, in fact I work very close to where this bridge is. My sister-in-Law drove over that bridge less than 5 minutes before it fell. We didn't know if she was in the river or not for about 10-15 minutes cause we couldnt get through to her cause the cell phone lines were jammed. It was a roller coaster of emotions. When something like this happens it really brings life close to home. It is so sad for all of us. People I know drive that bridge every day.

I went and gave blood today to the Red Cross, I felt that was the best I could do.

On behalf of all Minnesotans we thank you for your thoughts and prayers. This is a tragedy. There are still so many people unaccounted for. There are still alot of cars under the water and the divers due to currents are having trouble reaching them.

Keep all of them in your prayers.

so sad, i was flipping channels and saw it on another station. the station right here in town did not say anything about it or at the 10 o'clock news
smack.gif

scary to think how old some of our bridges and things like that are getting. to replace most of the ones needing it would be in the trillion's of dollars according to cnn's report.

and some people want to sit on here and complain about smiley's and families dont know if there love one's are alive or not.

Unfortunately, it takes a tragedy like that to make all the states start looking at their bridges to see if they measure up. Already in todays paper our state (NJ) is looking into the old bridges to see if they are on the "uh oh" list. It's a shame.
sad.png

My cousin went over the bridge just minutes before it collapesed! Fortunatly she is alright, but my heart goes out to those families that were not as luck as mine.

Shannon

Quote:
My state, NC, has closed down a bridge saying it's 54 years old, falling apart and unsafe to drive on. Why do people have to die before the states check these things.
he.gif

Unfortunately, this is kind of the way our country works. Everyone could say, "oh that bridge should have been replaced." But the politicians will reply, "Oh we don't have enough funding, we need higher taxes." And the people don't like taxes (I mean, I don't), so then they do something that costs less, like inspections and sticking a finger into a leaking dam. So unfortunately, it does take an event like this to promote change. Unfortunately, sometimes it is we, the people, who need the changing. After all, many a politician have won elections with things like, "No new taxes."

I remember when WA state passed a gas tax a few years back. I wasn't too pleased with it, but that funding was to be put towards roads/transportation. Now when I look back, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

Back
Top Bottom