Bright green sticky poo

Fowl-Language

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2008
Longview, WA
Yesterday I noticed my 2 year old Buff Rock, Betsy, hadn't left the coop all day, and when I went to speak to her I realized that she was lethargic and had been passing bright green pasty poop. I've separated her from the rest of the gang. Betsy's comb & wattles are still bright red, her skin is yellow as always, but she's not eating or drinking, and I noticed she smells almost musty or moldy..? I live in SW WA where it rains all the time, so I'm wondering if she found some moldy feed?

The other hens are fine, although a few days ago I thought one was acting puny for a day; she has since perked back up. I got a couple cc's of water into Betsy this morning, but she has no interest in eating anything, or drinking. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Anthea

Is there anything she normally goes nuts for? I'd keep fresh water near her, with a dish of yogurt and a dish with raw oatmeal.
idunno.gif
I'm still learning, so this is just a guess.
fl.gif

caf.gif
Let's hope one of the experienced chicken raisers get the correct info. to you soon!

usschicago1, actually Betsy's poo is BRIGHT green! I got her to eat a couple bites of yogurt into which I'd mixed .5 cc vitamin drops, and she doesn't seem any worse, maybe *slightly* perkier. Why can't chickens talk?! It's as bad as having a sick baby!

Just stay ontop of this. It will develop and you'll find out soon enough. This happened to me a week ago. My BO was being lethargic and I posted pics of her poop. No one had a clue as to what it was. As time went on I found that it was an impacted crop that eventually went sour. Keep her inside if you can!!!!

BTW I did the surgery an it's not so bad it that winds up being your issue. There are a LOT of posts with very graphic pictures that will help out.

Ugh. Crop is empty; she still has the green pasty poo, but ate a few bites of various treats throughout the day.

I got some Sulmet today and got it diluted properly, too bad I can't figure out exactly how much she needs in 24 hr.

Hopefully my vet can provide some insight.
fl.gif

Thanks for the posts, everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom