Bringing Brandie home.... - Updated Photos! Post #23

What a great Christmas gift.

I still have my first horse. I bought her 21 years ago at the age of 2. She will be with me until she dies.

love.gif
This is so sweet! Congratulations.
love.gif

I thought I should update everyone on how life is with my girl home!

I spent some time and collected some second hand gear. Got a few saddles and bridles together and had no excuse not to get up and go for a ride!

My girlfriend came out to visit over the past days so we saddled up the horses. On day one I lunged Brandie for a bit before I jumped up on her out in the paddock. Back in the day she used to buck like a crazy horse.....She was as good as gold! On day 2 I didn't lunge her and she arched her back for the first 10 minutes or so... but after that she relaxed and I was able to ride her on a long rein like a riding school pony!

Yesterday we went for a ride for a few hours out on the bush and it was just like old times. I had such fun. It's been a LONG LONG time since I've been able to get up on my own horse and go out and enjoy myself. Probably 7 or more years?

Every day I look at Brandie I wonder how she is 21 years of age! Here are some shots I took of her 2 days ago... when she was being a show off in the paddock!

I was so happy to get these pics of her enjoying her life!

I'm putting this story and the wonderful photos in my 'keepers' file ---

we were able to find our daughter's horse, Dancer, some years ago -- built a barn and brought her home -- she died with her head in my lap at the age of 33 --- so much love ---

Brandie is gorgeous and I just love how she is strutting around and, no doubt, adding some 'commentary' in there as well ---

thank you so much for sharing --

Thanks verity
smile.png

I'm so glad that you found your daughters horse. It makes me happy to know that Brandie will be with me till the end. She gave me so much pleasure as a child.... and as a young adult she makes me relive my youth. I owe it to her.

I was actually trying to catch Brandie when she started carrying on and prancing about. This time I just pulled the camera out and stood back while she showed off for 5 minutes and then she stopped and waited patiently for me to put her halter on
roll.png
She was easy to catch when I sold her as a child and always waited for me at the gate. Every now and then she pretends to be difficult these days. Makes me wonder why she changed!

Back
Top Bottom