Brinsea 190, & other cabinet incubators, Positives & negatives please

Quote:
Honey YOU are the broody bird. Howz it going this evening, Taz?
lol.png

your so cute Deb!
tongue.png
much better thank you:)

I couldn't resist.

Hijack over.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

I have a cabinet bator
hide.gif
to skeered to use it-it was not made for eggs its a scientific one in mint gorgeous conditon-All I have to do is fill the jacket set temps and humidity and we're off! Im not trying that one ( uses ALOT of electricity) until Spring maybe for a huge OE BLRW hatch?? I NEED a smaller reliable bator-the 20 is too small but Id settle for it the 40 seems just right:) This is just my hobby you know
tongue.png

How big is a serama egg?

Quote:

How big is a serama egg?

tiny weeny-why?? how many of those you sticking in your cabinet???

Last edited:
Quote:
How big is a serama egg?

NONE! You know I'm a big bird person. I feel funny just having those bantam lav cochin eggs in my bator right now. (secretly wanting to try emu eggs)

32940_seramaegg.jpg

Here is a Serama egg next to a medium sized EE egg. (with scrambled Olive Egger insides). They're a bit bigger than quail eggs, an frankly seem pretty large given the size of the birds. They're noticeably smaller than most other bantam eggs.

I don't know if they would fit in quail egg trays. Does Brinsea make bantam egg trays? I think they have trays for pheasant eggs too, but I don't have any idea how big a pheasant egg is either.

I used to think I didn't like bantams either... But if the only way I can keep cockerels in the city is with Seramas, then so be it!

Quote:
Check their website. They're having a bunch of specials right now.

I'm actually not checking their site on purpose! I've had that thing in my shopping cart with my credit card handy SEVERAL times now. I'm hoping for money for Christmas, then I'll take the plunge!

Quote:
Check their website. They're having a bunch of specials right now.

Quote:

NONE! You know I'm a big bird person. I feel funny just having those bantam lav cochin eggs in my bator right now. (secretly wanting to try emu eggs)

I know thats why I asked-
hu.gif
LOL I love bantams!!!! I love my big fat fluffies but I do love to see my baby cochins running around the property:) oooh come do emu do emuuuuuu

oh and Ive been staring at the brinsea sight and the 40 is on sale for 400$ hmm... cant justify that kind of $ when xmas is this week and other things needing to be paid -but if my brahmas lay soon Im justifying it real quick!

Quote:

I know thats why I asked-
hu.gif
LOL I love bantams!!!! I love my big fat fluffies but I do love to see my baby cochins running around the property:) oooh come do emu do emuuuuuu

oh and Ive been staring at the brinsea sight and the 40 is on sale for 400$ hmm... cant justify that kind of $ when xmas is this week and other things needing to be paid -but if my brahmas lay soon Im justifying it real quick!

Silly to put brahma eggs in a cheap bator. Though I have to say, now that I'm hatching my own eggs, the genesis hovabator is doing better.

Back
Top Bottom