Brinsea cool down feature

My humidity was between 60 and 70%. I did notice it recovered REALLY fast. What other reason could there be for shrink wrapping? I had a couple eggs that didn't pip internally.

Sometimes chicks don't pip internally because they are just not meant to hatch - they could be weak, malformed, malpositioned, etc.

Did you look at air cells on days 7/14/18? were your eggs porous? Old?

I like the humidity 40-45% days 1-18, then 70% or higher when you hear peeping. (internal pip).

I'd just take them out as they fluff up instead of staggering a hatch, but that's just me. :)   Different things work for different people.

Yorkshire - have you done hatches with and without the cooling feature on?  Was wondering if your experience showed that it helped your hatch rate.

Thanks!

I've done with and without the cool down and had good and even better hatches with both. Never had a bad hatch out of the Brinsea even with shipped eggs. I would say with out the cool down my hatches have been a little early. I really don't open though, during the 3 weeks it's opened 3 times to candle the eggs and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom