Brinsea Eco 20 humidity/bad hatch??

Quote:
ok so I think I figured out what I need to get better hatch rates.... I need YOU.

lau.gif

Thanks you made me laugh. My tip is leave the bator closed. I know a lot of us say it and its hard when you JUST CAN"T WAIT ALREADY! My most recent hatch was 87%ish. They were stacked eggs and I had to hatch them stacked as well. The ones on top of the others hatched on day 20 and the others on day 21. Must be warmer up there and I am not sure if that affected my hatch in any way?
I am having great hatches since I got my brinsea machines. I have two, same model the eco 20. I have goose eggs on lockdown right now and 2 of them are wiggling and I KNOW goose eggs are trouble and hard to hatch. Lets hope my luck holds
smile.png

Yep, whole thing in there. I have 2 Brinsea ECOs and I get 100% or close to it every hatch so far. hatch 1 was 100%, hatch 2 was 100% hatch 3 was 89%. I love the machine. But where are you located? Is your vent open or closed? I incubate half way open and on lockdown I switch to 1/3. If you are losing lots of eggs and you determine your humidity is OK then its time you analyze the stock. Are they breeding, fed right, rooster to hen ratio, etc?
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm going thru my first eco hatch and was wondering, what does your thermometer read? the one that came with the incubator?

Mine always read 100 and is steady. A little high but I always get good hatches so I leave it there.

Last edited:
I emailed Brinsea and asked about doing a small amount of eggs instead of a full load using the Eco 20.

I am doing 6 chicken eggs, the settings are set at:

Temp 99.5, vent 1/3 open, water well (1) 3/4 full of water - for days 1-18
Temp 99.5, vent all the way closed, both (2) water wells full for lock down

I am on day 2, so I have no results yet on the hatch out rate.

If you are doing a full load, follow manufacture instructions.

lau.gif

Thanks you made me laugh. My tip is leave the bator closed. I know a lot of us say it and its hard when you JUST CAN"T WAIT ALREADY! My most recent hatch was 87%ish. They were stacked eggs and I had to hatch them stacked as well. The ones on top of the others hatched on day 20 and the others on day 21. Must be warmer up there and I am not sure if that affected my hatch in any way?
I am having great hatches since I got my brinsea machines. I have two, same model the eco 20. I have goose eggs on lockdown right now and 2 of them are wiggling and I KNOW goose eggs are trouble and hard to hatch. Lets hope my luck holds
smile.png
How did you hatch them stacked? I have 100 quail eggs in my Brinsea Octagon 20. It only holds 60 so I had to stack the other 40 on top in a cardboard quail egg carton. I not sure what I am going to do when I candle them and more than 60 of them are alive. Did you just put them in there loose and stack them right on top of each other?

Back
Top Bottom