Brinsea eco 20 temperature problems!!!

Hey! It's been a while. How'd your hatch go? I just got my quail eggs from Barn of Angels, and they're beautiful. They're on day 4 now, and are showing signs of life!

Hey! Thanks for checking up on me.
smile.png
I got 100% hatch rate on the valley quails if you don't count the 9 eggs that were not fertile to begin with. With the button quails I got 80% hatch rate. They all had new homes within two weeks of hatching.
big_smile.png
That's great about your eggs!
ya.gif
I hope many hatch. How many eggs did you put in? I have 14 eggs from my own quails in the incubator on day five now. Plus the five emu eggs in my other incubator which are on day 11.
fl.gif
Hope they hatch! They haven't been loosing the right amount of weight so.....

I ordered 14 eggs, and they all arrived safe and sound... unfortunately, I'm down to 13. I cracked one trying to candle it.
sad.png

I'm not used to their small size yet.

Aw
sad.png
I cracked one trying to get it out of the foam before... If you wait till day 12 to candle its sooo much easier to see who is good and who isn't.

Yeah, now I'm too scared to even candle my chicken eggs, lol. Will it be okay keeping three chicken chicks with the quail chicks?

I kept the button quails with my valley quails for two weeks and they were fine. The buttons liked to sit under the valley quails to keep warm. Just watch out for the chickens stepping on the button quails. The valleys did but they were almost the same size since they were 3 days younger, so it didn't bother them. How long will they be together? At two weeks my buttons were still smaller than a regular chicken egg.
You can see how much smaller a button chick is to a regular quail. Both one day old! So the button will be much smaller than a chicken chick.

I see. Well, I wasn't planning on keeping them together for more than a day or two. I can't wait to see the little guys! I've never hatched anything so small.
love.gif

A day or two should be fine. I cant wait to see pictures! They will be beautiful! My quails should hatch around the same time too. Just 2 days after.

I guess I should show you the eggs! Forgive the bad quality, all I have is a cellphone. The colors are a bit distorted in the pictures, but they'll so beautiful in person.

This one's mint green.

Purple!

Here's all 14... 13 now, I guess.

This one's the best looking brown out of the batch. Very creamy.

This one looks white, but it's actually baby blue like a robin's egg.

Here's another shot. You can sort of see the blue around the edges.

Back
Top Bottom