Brinsea incubators

Yeah to 100% hatch rates! I bought from cbotkin.ca I also bought the brinsea 20 brooder and the chicks are doing well with it. This was my first hatch and I just followed the directions basically. I was alittle nervous using the cooling feature but turned it on at day seven and it cooled the eggs for two hours a day then I shut it off a few days before the hatch was due. I hatched out jumbo coturnix quail. The only thing I would recommend is if you think you might want to get right into hatching is to buy the bigger unit. Also with the mini advanced you have to really watch the water reservoir. I lost track how many times I needed to top it up. Wasn't a big deal though but you don't want it to dry out. Oh and if you are interested in hatching quail or bantam size eggs you need to buy the small egg insert that holds 12 eggs, the one it comes with is for large eggs and only holds 7.

Last edited:
X2 on always buy bigger than you think!! I have the octagon 20 advance and now wish I had got the 40!! But Brinsea have brought out a new cabinet and I have been eyeing that up, it looks fab :drool

Yep, it has a lot to do with facilities once they hatch...I'm crowded enough in the coops...prolly something to keep in mind.....lockdown here maybe tomorrow after church or later in the evening. I have 15 looking good out of the 24 set ....it's been running perfect in regards to RH and Temp....the turner has be flawless like always. Like I've shared with others...if you have the 20 with the turner, wait till it is level...then unplug the turner to add water....then plug er back in and make the adding water easy peasy....no spills..etc.. and the eggs are happy.

bigz

I have the Brinsea 24 egg incubator and we have had one successful hatch already. Here's an Amazon link:

Brinsea Products Manual Egg Incubator for Hatching 24 Chicken Eggs or Equivalent https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DPMZ37K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_5xJZvbZ16Z6PV

After the first 10 days of our first hatch, we were tiring of manually turning the eggs we bit the bullet and got the turning cradle by Brinsea.

Brinsea Products Optional Turning Cradle for The Octagon 20 Eco Egg Incubator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091U5B0O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_rEJZvbF4F7BKG

We hatched 10 Khaki Campbell ducklings or first go around, 100% hatch rate. Now we have another 15 eggs in the incubator that will hatch around the 23rd of August.

My honest review is that I love the incubator, but for duck eggs it does not hold 24. It holds about 15 maybe 16 if I squeeze them in there, we have khaki Campbell ducks and the eggs are larger than our chicken eggs. The temperature is at a constant 99.5 degrees and humidity is always hovering around 45 to 50 and climbs up to 60 once the eggs are hatching. We left the hatched ducks in the incubator with the Turner on for about 24 hours until they look dry and we could put them with the rest of our already hatched ducklings. Duckling seem very content inside the incubator even while it was turning. Very easy cleanup in between hatches, and very low maintenance during incubation process. I would recommend buying this setup unless you need to hatch more at a time then 15 to 20.

We also bought the Brinsea brooder, which is great too.

Brinsea EcoGlow Brooder for Chicks or Ducklings https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008HVM56Q/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_uSJZvbX1826GG

I have the Brinsea 24 egg incubator and we have had one successful hatch already. Here's an Amazon link:

Brinsea Products Manual Egg Incubator for Hatching 24 Chicken Eggs or Equivalent https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DPMZ37K/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_5xJZvbZ16Z6PV

After the first 10 days of our first hatch, we were tiring of manually turning the eggs we bit the bullet and got the turning cradle by Brinsea.

Brinsea Products Optional Turning Cradle for The Octagon 20 Eco Egg Incubator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0091U5B0O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_rEJZvbF4F7BKG

We hatched 10 Khaki Campbell ducklings or first go around, 100% hatch rate. Now we have another 15 eggs in the incubator that will hatch around the 23rd of August.

My honest review is that I love the incubatois that I love the incubator, but for duck eggs it does not hold 24. It holds about 15 maybe 16 if I squeeze them in ther It holds about 15 maybe 16 if I squeeze them in there, we have khaki Campbell ducks and the eggs are larger than our chicken eggs. The temperature is at a constant 99.5 degrees and humidity is always hovering around 45 to 50 and climbs up to 6 the temperature is at a constant 99.5 degrees and humidity is always hovering around 45 to 50 and climbs up to 60 once the eggs are hatching. We left the hatched ducks in the incubator with the Turner on for about 24 hours until they look dry and we could put them with the rest of our already hatched ducklings. Duckling seem very content inside the incubator even while it was turning. Very easy cleanup in between hatches, and very low maintenance during incubation process. I would recommend buying this setu I would recommend buying this setup and less yo I would recommend buying this set up unless you need to hatch more at a time then 15 to 20.

Yep, the more you use these units, the more you love them!

If you are doing small hatches...these advance 20's are easy peasy to use!

bigz

Back
Top Bottom