Brinsea Maxi II Advance dropping temperature

I have had this incubator for two years without any issues. Now suddenly I start it up for the season and the temp keeps dropping, setting the alarm off. Any idea why this is happening all the sudden?

Any drafts or is your house colder than normal? Is the lid fitting well? No cracks? I had no problems until this spring when I used it at a different house and didn't realize that me setting the temperature at night to 17 degrees Celsius was too low for optimal use. It didn't matter as I had just set them, but I wouldn't have thought that it couldn't handle that temperature - turns out it should be between 20-25 degrees Celsius in the room you incubate, which is warm for most folks.

If these are not the problem, then it has to do with the heating element likely...

Any drafts or is your house colder than normal? Is the lid fitting well? No cracks? I had no problems until this spring when I used it at a different house and didn't realize that me setting the temperature at night to 17 degrees Celsius was too low for optimal use. It didn't matter as I had just set them, but I wouldn't have thought that it couldn't handle that temperature - turns out it should be between 20-25 degrees Celsius in the room you incubate, which is warm for most folks.

If these are not the problem, then it has to do with the heating element likely...
Thanks for your input. Our house is typically 70-73 degrees F so that shouldn’t be an issue. I also don’t see any visible cracks and there are no room drafts. Nothing has really changed from the previous years. I’m going to be super disappointed if it’s something mechanical since I spent a lot of money on this incubator.

Thanks for your input. Our house is typically 70-73 degrees F so that shouldn’t be an issue. I also don’t see any visible cracks and there are no room drafts. Nothing has really changed from the previous years. I’m going to be super disappointed if it’s something mechanical since I spent a lot of money on this incubator.

I understand, they are pricy! Do you have a secondary thermometer in it? Check that the temperature sensor is reading accurately.

Also, did you take the top part out and clean it? If it's too dirty around the fan and sensors, that could potentially effect readings too. I unscrewed the protector and cleaned mine before this season.

I would advise contacting Brinsea directly as they should be able to help you figure out what it is.

I understand, they are pricy! Do you have a secondary thermometer in it? Check that the temperature sensor is reading accurately.

Also, did you take the top part out and clean it? If it's too dirty around the fan and sensors, that could potentially effect readings too. I unscrewed the protector and cleaned mine before this season.

I would advise contacting Brinsea directly as they should be able to help you figure out what it is.
I have never used a secondary thermometer but thanks for the suggestion. It’s been on my list of things to get! :)

I took the entire thing apart at the end of the hatching season for me in the fall and cleaned it really well. So I don’t believe that’s the issue either.

I do have an email in to Brinsea. Hopefully I’ll hear from them soon

I have had this incubator for two years without any issues. Now suddenly I start it up for the season and the temp keeps dropping, setting the alarm off. Any idea why this is happening all the sudden?

I have one of these as well. The alarm does go off if room temprature is low. We dropped to 50 degrees here in the house the other day. A little R will show up in the screen if it is the room. I have to keep a towel wrapped around the base at night.
Though I understand this is not the problem you are having.
Having a secondary accurate thermometer is crucial if incubators malfunction. Though the Brinsea usually holds the temperature really well. They actually have a rep who monitors this site. @BrinseaUS can you help out here? 😊

I have one of these as well. The alarm does go off if room temprature is low. We dropped to 50 degrees here in the house the other day. A little R will show up in the screen if it is the room. I have to keep a towel wrapped around the base at night.
Though I understand this is not the problem you are having.
Having a secondary accurate thermometer is crucial if incubators malfunction. Though the Brinsea usually holds the temperature really well. They actually have a rep who monitors this site. @BrinseaUS can you help out here? 😊
Thank you! It has been super cold outside (below zero), but it's nice and toasty in my house. I will definitely try to get another thermometer. It could possibly be something bad with the sensor maybe, as another suggested. Do you have any recommendations on a thermometer?

Thank you! It has been super cold outside (below zero), but it's nice and toasty in my house. I will definitely try to get another thermometer. It could possibly be something bad with the sensor maybe, as another suggested. Do you have any recommendations on a thermometer?
I have used many different ones, the little combo temp/humidity gauges you can buy in a three pack are not very accurate in my opinion. I just bought the kind that go in terrariums (for reptiles) after reading several posts here on BYC. It is on the way in the mail, so I have not tried it yet:https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Digi...7&sr=8-1&keywords=digital+reptile+thermometer 😊

Back
Top Bottom