Brinsea Mini Advance - Egg Turning Angle

KimPahl

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 5, 2015
Jefferson, NC
Hi everyone. We are hatching chicken eggs for the first time. We bought this b/c it's automatic, but the auto turner isn't turning the eggs only the turn table is turning and the eggs are just going along for the ride. I saw a post online here about changing the angle setting to 15. I did that, but it had no effect. These are my actual eggs in the picture. They are basically the same size but not exactly. The browns are smaller than the whites. I don't think that matters too much according to the instructions. I just changed the setting to 20 to see what that will do.

Someone suggested just doing it manually once a day like the mother hen would. I've read they should be turned 5 times a day. Maybe that's overkill. I don't know. But, me having to do it manually defeats the purpose of buying this incubator to do everything AUTOMATICALLY! If that's the case I'll return it.

Does anyone have experience w/ this incu? I'm on day 2 so I want to get this right now before we waste more time.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone. We are hatching chicken eggs for the first time. We bought this b/c it's automatic, but the auto turner isn't turning the eggs only the turn table is turning and the eggs are just going along for the ride. I saw a post online here about changing the angle setting to 15. I did that, but it had no effect. These are my actual eggs in the picture. They are basically the same size but not exactly. The browns are smaller than the whites. I don't think that matters too much according to the instructions. I just changed the setting to 20 to see what that will do.

Someone suggested just doing it manually once a day like the mother hen would. I've read they should be turned 5 times a day. Maybe that's overkill. I don't know. But, me having to do it manually defeats the purpose of buying this incubator to do everything AUTOMATICALLY! If that's the case I'll return it.

Does anyone have experience w/ this incu? I'm on day 2 so I want to get this right now before we waste more time.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did your hatch go or are you still waiting? Have you tried turning your eggs with the pointed side toward the water pot? I had one egg that was trouble turning but when I repositioned it, it worked. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom