Brinsea Mini Advance Humidity Question

BaaKaaawk

Coopster
13 Years
Apr 4, 2011
Lexington, KY
Hi, I usually just let my hens hatch my eggs (they seem to be pretty good at it :p) but I want some extras of certain breeds I have so I got this Mini Advance. I did all the right settings but the humidity thing has me a little confused... is it really as easy as just filling up half the reservoir until day 19 and then filling up the other half too? If so... then great.

Hi, I usually just let my hens hatch my eggs (they seem to be pretty good at it :p) but I want some extras of certain breeds I have so I got this Mini Advance. I did all the right settings but the humidity thing has me a little confused... is it really as easy as just filling up half the reservoir until day 19 and then filling up the other half too? If so... then great.

Yup! That easy.

The first time I didn't get that and just kept filling the first reservoir and what I was actually doing was keeping them both full constantly. No matter. My eggs hatched a couple days early. May have been all the humidity. May have simply been when they were ready to hatch but I got 5 of 7.

You'll do fine!

Thank you both @IamRainey and @Punkybrewster.

Sorry, this is a silly question- but since you guys are experienced, how often do you refill the half reservoir in the first 19 days? Like is it going to empty in a day or does it last awhile?

Thanks!

I did the same. I kept it filled so that I had insurance for some day when I forgot.

I suppose the best thing to do would be based on the humidity where you are. I'm in a very dry climate. You might go days without needing to refill. Just watch the level and keep water in there.

It's a good little machine that pretty much takes care of everything. I wasn't crazy about the instructions. I think they could be more clear for a first-timer (which I was). But once you get the data in each field and watch the water level it's gonna do the rest for you.

Wait 'til you get your first pipping! It's magical to watch them hatch! My whole family went nutz. People came around just to see what was happening and marvel at the newborn chicks.

Back
Top Bottom