Brinsea Mini Advance Humidity???

swift081702

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Kiowa, CO
We have a Brinsea Mini Advance, so it keeps the temperature well. However, I tried to fill up one water well 1/2 way and the humidity was over 60%. I tried emptying the well, soaked up all the water and the humidity is still reading 50%. Any suggestions, is there no adjustment for humidity and will my hatch be ok? I'm on day 15 of hatching Creme Legbar's.

I'm using the brinsea mini Eco & I have a small hygrometer set up in there. I have barely any water left in one of the wells & it's reading 45-50%. Did u calibrate the hygrometer first? Also I read that it takes about 6 hrs for the hygrometer to adjust to new humidity levels. Has it been that long since you took the water out? I'm new but dealing with the same thing.

We have a Brinsea Mini Advance, so it keeps the temperature well.  However, I tried to fill up one water well 1/2 way and the humidity was over 60%.  I tried emptying the well, soaked  up all the water and the humidity is still reading 50%.  Any suggestions, is there no adjustment for humidity and will my hatch be ok?  I'm on day 15 of hatching Creme Legbar's.

I just posted this on RubyNala's question, I had the same issue. I had read on one of the threads that you could use a toothpaste cap or something that size (washed of course) and place it in the water well to fill with water. It worked great for me. You definitely don't want to keep your humidity at 60%
Edit- if you're reading 50% dry your hygrometer may be off (like Ruby said) or it may be really humid in your house. What is the humidity reading in the room the incubator is in?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom