Brinsea octagon 20 advanced with the humidity pump

KathyJB

Songster
11 Years
May 9, 2012
Dang it! I got my incubator in today and plugged everything in and according to this video my thing on top should be going around and around, but it's not. It cuts on and off, but it's not doing anything. I took the water hose off to see if it would turn but it didn't. I'm so Bummed out. The humidity inside is at 43% because I have water in the inside troughs. Has anyone had this happen?

0.jpg

What is the humidity set at? It will usually turn for a minute or two then stop if the humidity is too low in the incubator compared to the set, then start up again but it should keep trying even if it isn't getting any water through. Double check the connection maybe that it didn't pull loose?

It's 43% on the readout and I have it set for 45% It's shutting on and off, but the top isn't spinning. I tried to suck some water up into the hose, but that thing is so flimsy. I could see the hose move when it cut on and off though.

Haven't had that happen, looks like you got a bad one. Guess call Brinsea and get a replacement, wouldn't try to do anything to it until you talk to them so you don't have a warranty problem.

The humidity is going up now so I guess I shouldn't worry about it
fl.gif

You're probably right. I haven't had a chance to fill that out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom