How are the Brinsea Humidity pumps? Best way to achieve humidity in Ova-Easy 190 series ii?

loopycoops

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2022
Whoop Whoop, Tasmania, Australia
Hello everyone!
I just purchased a second hand Brinsea Ova Easy 190 series ii incubator and it came with a Brinsea humidity pump.
Unfortunately the pump didn't come with any tubes.
From what I can tell, there are two different diameter silicone tubes for this humidity pump:
1) Shorter, larger diameter tube which wraps around the pump motor
2) Longer, smaller diameter which connects the pump to the incubator
Would anyone know what inner diameter size these two different silicone tubes are?
From the reviews I read, it looks like the pump reservoir is way too small and it requires daily filling up.
Also, the humidity pump that came with the incubator didn't come with the hose nipples. Looks like finding replacements in Australia isn't happening.
Any suggestions on how to best approach achieving desired humidity in an Ova Easy 190 would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The tubing can be ordered here; https://www.brinsea.com/c-97-advance-incubator-humidity-pumps.aspx You only need a foot of the large size silicone tubing and you will have to measure how much of the smaller size you will need to reach from your reservoir to the pump then to the machine. I think the large size is 0.25 inch and the smaller is either 1/8 or 3/16, message Brinsea to find out.

I use a five-gallon carboy and demineralized water drawing from the carboy so the length of tubing depends on how far the pumps and incubator are from the carboy. The length of the 0.25 tubing is 6.25 inches and you will need to insert a half inch of the small size tubing inside the large one to fit onto the reducers on either side of the pump. I am not sure what you need nipples for but the rigid tubing is for inserting the hose into the sponge inside of the incubator.

When the pump is not in use remove the tubing from the pump and replace the large tubing at the beginning of every season as it will wear out depending on how much it runs and how tight you have it. I also recommend that you drill a hole in the bottom of the pump body so when, not if, but when the tubing splits and water gets inside of the pump it will drain and not ruin the pump motor.
IMG_5992.JPG

Back
Top Bottom