Brinsea turner isn't turning all eggs

meridian35

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Malpas, Cheshire, uk
Hi, I've just bought a new mini automatic inc. and on watching my duck eggs as the motor kicked in I noticed that not all the ages "rolled". Is it the way I've laid them in there or are some of the eggs too "flat" in places so don't touch the disc underneath?. I have started to become a bit obsessive with it and try to catch the inc doing its turn so I can see which ones aren't turning so can turn them manually. I've tried making sure none are touching (difficult as they are big Aylesbury eggs) but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Any suggestions anyone? :/

As some are turning and some are not I would think that is because the eggs are big. I've just had a read on Brinsea about the eggs sizes and disc available for the mini incubators and it says most duck eggs. Do you think your eggs are as big as a goose egg?

I haven't never seen a goose egg in real life so not sure. I know they are much bigger than the Indian runner eggs I've hatched before. I really don't want to take any out because I'm bound to pick the only ones that were going to hatch, Sod's law. There is one that's bigger than the others and that seems to be one (but not the only one) that struggles with being turned. Maybe I should remove that one? I would have to give it a decent burial though :(

I wouldn't take any of them out, you can still hand turn the ones that are not turning on the disc. As long as they are turned at least 3 times per day they should be fine. I would also shoot a quick email off to Brinsea as CT said just to see what they say about it.

Back
Top Bottom