Broad bronze on wire or wood

ajm438

Hatching
Jul 22, 2016
Anyone have any input on broad bronze turkeys kept on 1/2x1" wire or any type of wooded slates? Also what do you like for perches? This is my setup

1/2x1" seems to thin, do you do it on the flat or 1/2" side up, also do you mean straw on the bottom, because straw hold moisture which breeds bacteria and respitory problems.
Thanks

He was talking about 1/2" to 1" diameter which in my opinion is too small for turkeys whether broad breasted or heritage. I use poles that have a diameter of 3" to 4" for my turkey roosts.

If you don't have too wide of a span you can use a 2"x4" with the wide side up. If the span is too wide you could support the 2"x4" in the middle.

Good luck.

Other than the straw bales you can try 1/2-1 inch diameter roosts if need be, I built a couple for my heritage birds and they loved them our BB birds never had the balance to use them

1/2x1" seems to thin, do you do it on the flat or 1/2" side up, also do you mean straw on the bottom, because straw hold moisture which breeds bacteria and respitory problems.
Thanks

Thank you, i have a 2x4 with the 1.5" up so i will rotate it, since the pictures i added a sandbox for them and changed half the floor to 1.5" slats spaced 1/2" apart so they have varied surfaces to stand on

Back
Top Bottom