Broiler Feed and Cost Spread Sheet

Hi

Can you please send me your spreadsheet.

Regards

Tapiwa
I created a spread sheet in excel to calculate some basic cost and feed requirements for raising Broilers if anyone is interested. I don't know how to insert a file in the post but if you contact me I can email it. The formulas are locked but selectable cells have red text.

Duration in weeks to processing is only selectable in a range of 1 to 9 weeks.
Total birds in increments of 1
Feed consumption calculation is based on males

Last edited by a moderator:
I created a spread sheet in excel to calculate some basic cost and feed requirements for raising Broilers if anyone is interested. I don't know how to insert a file in the post but if you contact me I can email it. The formulas are locked but selectable cells have red text.

If possible I would like to have a copy of your spreadsheet.

I like your spreadsheet, please pm me.

I know this is 2020, and your post is from 2016, but I love this spreadsheet and would love a copy.

This is a pretty easy spreadsheet to make. I could put one together for both of you if you're interested.

I run alot of spreadsheets for our farm's chicken business. I think it's awesome that someone would do it for home production records.

Just remember that every flock and every season is different, so I would include some kind of insurance that decreases all your final line items by about 20% or- if you want to be really prepared- even more. Just make sure you are always able to view both your adjusted decrease as well as your non-adjusted numbers so you always know your maximum possible production as well as your worst case scenario, to avoid over burdening your work or the system that you've set up (i.e. make sure that in your best year, that you don't have too much for your freezer or that the chickens aren't over crowding each other, ect).

If you raise them on any amount of grass you won't need as much feed, not to mention they'll be healthier for it. A healthy pasture can supplement feed consumption by as much as 30%. Maybe keep track for the first year or two of exactly how much feed you buy for them and then change the theoretical numbers with the real ones that you've recorded.

Because I'm creating my spreadsheets for a business, I always include capital costs (like building new pasture pens, any new supplies, ect), labor hours (for butchering time/cost as well as daily/weekly chores), packaging materials, and the cost to run the dedicated freezer for 12 months. You could add these too and get a really accurate view of how much your food is costing - not only in dollar amounts, but also in time and effort. Even though the farm doesn't pay me hourly, I think it's important to know how much a pound of chicken would cost if I had to pay someone hourly to repeat my process.
Good day Sir, please could you help me with your spreadsheet. I have been searching for such as you described here.

Back
Top Bottom