Broke ground on house and run (COMPLETED - Updated Pics)

Looking nice. Seems like u never can get as much as u planned done. U meaning anyone not u personally.
pop.gif

Man..will I ever finish? What's the longest construction duration documented on BYC?
lol.png

I've worked on it 3 days in the last 5 weeks. I set predator deterrent apron on two sides, trimmed out some of the hardware cloth seams, installed a half wall of hardware cloth on one side, installed the chicken house access door (minus the trim), and hung the front door to the run. I was ready to set the rafters for the front half of the run on Sunday when my skil saw went up in smoke. I have worked the saw hard and it lived a good life. I'm hoping, weather willing, to set the rafters this saturday.

DSCN2962.jpg

DSCN2964.jpg

I'm starting my new pen soon and plan on setting one 2x4 a day. Hopefully it will be done by spring.LOL. I did unload all my wood yesterday.

Well, move-in day has finally come.
cool.png

I'm picking up our 6 golden comets in the morning. The 6 started laying about a month ago. So hopefully we'll get eggs soon after the move. I started working on the coop again in late January when I thought I was getting the hens in early February. That didn't work out but the prospect got me motivated to finish the work in case another opportunity presented itself. I'm happy to say that I've completed all that I that I wanted to when I set out on this 10+ months ago.
lol.png

I put in the food, water, bedding and nest box hay today.

Front Exterior
DSCN3038.jpg

Roosts
DSCN3029.jpg

Nest Boxes
DSCN3028.jpg

Ramp and Food
DSCN3025.jpg

Outside Water
DSCN3026.jpg

Rear Exterior
DSCN3032.jpg

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the construction, your comments and for the knowledge within the site.

Here's to eggs sunny side up.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom