Broke my thumb and tore s tendon in it

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by toejam, May 23, 2010.

1. toejam

toejam Never enough birds

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    Yesterday I broke my thumb. this is how I did it....
    My basketball got stuck between the rim and backboard. So I jumped up to get it from behind the hoop. The hoop was adjustable but not anymore because they put a screwdriver to hold it up. My finger came down with so much force It got suck between 2 pieces of metal. It took 3 grown men with screwdrivers etc.. to get the metal moved enough to get my thumb out. So I went to the ER thinking I would only need stiches... but instead of stiches I get a broken thumb, a torn tendon and a date with the sergoun tuesday.

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

OUCH!! [​IMG] That smarts, Toejam. [​IMG]

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    I cut my thumb 2 wks ago to the bone between the 1st & 2nd joint when a circular saw kicked back on me, it's healing fine I now can't feel much with it and that is really bothering me. Get better soon, and good luck.

AL

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Ouch!!!! [​IMG]

5. toejam

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    it didnt hurt.. till the nurses started to clean it out and getting numbing shots...

6. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Makes my hands hurt just thinking about it! Hope you heal up fast!

7. toejam

Dec 21, 2009
    SW Ohio, Wilmington
    Im havin surgery Wed, May 26. Never had surgery so dont know what to expect:oops:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by