Broken air cell right?

WRVgirl

Songster
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
Zone 8a
these are trash right? Set last Thursday after 2 days of upright rotation to let them settle.

Anyone have sebbie eggs for sale :(

Nvm. It won't let me upload the video no mater how much I shorten it.

Something is just free floating all over the egg. I'm assuming it's the air cell.

Don't call those trash yet! Do you have a screencap of the vid?

If it's hollow like a normal air cell, but floating everywhere, it's detached. You'll need to support the egg with the fat end up, at least until the CAM grows well enough to provide the support for the cell inside. These eggs might not be viable, but they're worth a shot.

Let us know how it goes.

Don't call those trash yet! Do you have a screencap of the vid?

If it's hollow like a normal air cell, but floating everywhere, it's detached. You'll need to support the egg with the fat end up, at least until the CAM grows well enough to provide the support for the cell inside. These eggs might not be viable, but they're worth a shot.

Let us know how it goes.

They were definitely detached and we were on day 7 so I didn't catch it in time, nothing grew.

Thank you though, I've learned quite a bit about air cells, hopefully the next batch works better.

Aw, I'm sorry. That's always a bummer when goose eggs don't work out. It takes so much in time and resources to get them going.

Best wishes for your next batch. Sebbies are darling, I've always wanted some.

Back
Top Bottom