broken beak!! bleeding and lots of it

Well I am glad the bleeding stopped. I would keep her either inside (just what I would do but some wouldnt keep a chicken inside) or separated. You will probably have to help her eat... I would mush up her food w water so that it was soft. And make sure she is drinking. Also watch out for infection down the road. If she stays inside she would stay cleaner
smile.png

im keeping her in the bath room closest to my bed room to make sure that i can get to her as fast as possible and ill be feeding her mushed up salmen and beaf along with feed. ill post in a few days on the "managing your flock" section to show her progress.

Bleeding in Sedona.....My Barred Plymouth Rock is broody and has been sitting on one of the three nesting boxes for the last two weeks so I decided to keep her out of the nest. I constructed a 1/4 inch wire enclosure covered with an unsecured plastic top. She (Lucy) was very angry that I put her in prison and pecked at the wire causing her beak to bleed. Shortly after that she flew out of her confinement. The beak has since stopped after drinking copious amounts of water. The beak is still stained. I am reluctant to take her to a vet as the last bill (she limped for unknown reason) was $230. She still limps. I am going to wait a day or two before returning her to confinement. The other ladies are pecking at her beak so I have to do something quickly. I will put some Neosporin on her beak the next time I catch her. For those who recommended tooth paste and flour I would tell them that infection should be of concern when using anything other than a medicinal ointment such as Neosporin.

Back
Top Bottom