Broken beak, help!

Harmoni

Songster
Jan 20, 2021
Central Florida
I can't find any local vets and all the repairs I keep reading require super glue which I don't have until I can go to the store later. Should I just clean it for now? I have some medical tape. Should I put a small strip of tape on it? Help!

Well it's hard to tell from your description what exactly is the best course of action. Getting a photo might be helpful.

Gentle cleaning would probably be a good start, and maybe the tape if you think it will stick.

Well it's hard to tell from your description what exactly is the best course of action. Getting a photo might be helpful.

Gentle cleaning would probably be a good start, and maybe the tape if you think it will stick.
So between when I posted and now, she tore the hanging section off. The soft tissue is exposed now. It's not bleeding and I cleaned it gently with peroxide and put a thin layer of antibiotic ointment on it. She seems to be eating ok (some hard seeds seem to be sn issue). I will try and get a pic when it stops storming.

My crossbeak rooster breaks his top beak every now and then. The quick is exposed and he eats very carefully (he actually can pick up the food easier when his beak breaks) and doesn't attack my husband's shoes until he beak grows back in. Ignore me in the photo.

Attachments

• PXL_20210501_225247097.jpg
    PXL_20210501_225247097.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom