Broken beak or lower jaw injury

The "noodles" are made of layer pellets, with egg, ground flax seed, ground almond, flour, water, and a sprinkle of vitamin powder my son has for his sugar glider. I read in another post that the top beak can be trimmed with dog nail clippers or a Dremel type tool. Should we attempt this? I'm talking about 3mm of length.

Last edited:
I've got a banty cochin with a twisted beak. I trim her beak with fingernail clippers, then use a file to smooth it out. Take a bit off at at time and watch the bird's reaction. A beak is like a fingernai or claw in that it does have nerve endings/bood in it beyond a certain point.

,I had a home raised austrolop pullet hit by a car yesterday and I used a suture kit for a EWE prolapse and sewed a figure 8. I pulled the string taught and tied a square not and I think this worked ???? cost was 6 inches of suture and the beak was closed to symmetrical >>> the PULLET beak was opened and hand fed without much fuss after . THE jaw bone was 3 SLIVERED pieces so I'm not positive bit will pray!!! A COUNTRY BOY WILL SURVIVE LOL

Back
Top Bottom