Broken beak

Bcardenas85

Hatching
Jul 24, 2020
I searched existing entries for broken beaks and dont see one quite like this. Any advice ? Try to repair or just monitor it and her?

Attachments

• 95468E9C-9D9E-4546-BEC2-3FD2577EB5EC.jpeg
    95468E9C-9D9E-4546-BEC2-3FD2577EB5EC.jpeg
    439.8 KB · Views: 16
  • BF3354A0-3DFB-4F8C-AA3E-22AFB0A56905.jpeg
    BF3354A0-3DFB-4F8C-AA3E-22AFB0A56905.jpeg
    470.6 KB · Views: 8
Do you know how it happened? How long has it been broken? I would suggest putting some triple antibiotic ointment without pain relief on it, and just seeing how it goes. I’ve never seen anything like that, so I don’t know for sure what you could do. How deep is the breakage? Did it bleed at all?

Didn’t see it happen.
She was fine earlier today. I don’t see any blood or tissue. She doesn’t want to eat but she doesn’t always eat a lot anyways so not sure if that’s her being her or her not being able to

Didn’t see it happen.
She was fine earlier today. I don’t see any blood or tissue. She doesn’t want to eat but she doesn’t always eat a lot anyways so not sure if that’s her being her or her not being able to
It’s probably just a chip, they happen quite commonly, I had to deal with a chip just last month myself. As long as it doesn’t reach anything it’s normally fine. I would just leave it be.

Thank you

It’s probably just a chip, they happen quite commonly, I had to deal with a chip just last month myself. As long as it doesn’t reach anything it’s normally fine. I would just leave it be.
Do you know how it happened? How long has it been broken? I would suggest putting some triple antibiotic ointment without pain relief on it, and just seeing how it goes. I’ve never seen anything like that, so I don’t know for sure what you could do. How deep is the breakage? Did it bleed at all?

Back
Top Bottom