Broken egg at day 18 will it live?

Dec 18, 2017
Boring, Oregon
so idk how this happened but I came out to check on my 18 day old eggs and one is badly broken like missing the end will the chick survive?
E7228A62-C461-440C-8D67-E4EEEC50C092.jpeg

Hmmm, desperate times call for desperate measures....maybe put some coconut oil or similar on the membrane to keep it moist, then use medical tape to tape saran wrap over the end. Then keep a VERY close eye on it until the chick (hopefully) pips through the membrane, at which point you will need to pierce the saran wrap to allow air exchange. Then when the chick looks like it is going into hatch mode, you may need to assist as it now has nothing to push against????

Just a suggestion for a very unorthodox problem.

Good luck hon xxx

So it’s day 20 and this is him now. Most of the shell fell off but he’s still moving around and I’m hoping he’s going to pip tonight
1F8D97A9-EAF4-404F-994A-C7312D8F37EF.jpeg

He seems to be either moving his head or trying to pip
Idk what to do he’s sitting in the incubator but with how exposed he is and dry idk if he can pip by himself ik he still has a few hours till day 21 I’m just scared he’s gonna accidentally tear the membrane and bleed to death or something. He bled a little but that seemed to clot pretty fast

Back
Top Bottom