Broken foot...please help!

kylieschooks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
London
Hi,

It was about 4 days ago now my chicken started to limp, i do not know what has happened to her but she can not walk on her foot. She keeps tripping over, she puts all her weight on the other joint further up her leg.

She is eating and drinking, I have checked her over and can't see anything obvious?? It's been 4 days and it looks like she is never going to walk on it again.

She doesn't seem like she's in pain!?

I have separated her so that she can rest and get to food an water easy.

Any ideas what I should do? She does struggle to get around, can't get in and out of coop properly!!

Hi,

It was about 4 days ago now my chicken started to limp, i do not know what has happened to her but she can not walk on her foot. She keeps tripping over, she puts all her weight on the other joint further up her leg.

She is eating and drinking, I have checked her over and can't see anything obvious?? It's been 4 days and it looks like she is never going to walk on it again.

She doesn't seem like she's in pain!?

I have separated her so that she can rest and get to food an water easy.

Any ideas what I should do? She does struggle to get around, can't get in and out of coop properly!!

check the bottom of foot and between toes,you are looking for injury/lump which may indicate bumblefoot. She may have a sprain/muscle damage,soak her leg in an epsom salt soak,give her a baby aspirin 81mg or a reg 325mg aspirin for pain/ swelling,dose is 25mg per lb of body weight,crush and place in water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom