Broken leg/Drifting asleep/Drooping wing

Snok

In the Brooder
May 7, 2021
My Sebright 3 days ago broke her leg, ever since I've kept her separate in a cage with food and water. Her broken leg has got to a point she can't move, her left wing is drooping and she is continuously drifting off to sleep. Is there anything I should give her or do to her?

I think she should recover slowly on her own. Just make sure not to let her out too much cuz if other chickens chase her around she can hurt her leg even more.
Sebrights are small, so they usually recover fast from injuries. Wait a few days to see if it's getting better/

Good luck :)

My Sebright 3 days ago broke her leg, ever since I've kept her separate in a cage with food and water. Her broken leg has got to a point she can't move, her left wing is drooping and she is continuously drifting off to sleep. Is there anything I should give her or do to her?
Welcome To BYC

How old is she?
Do you have photos?

Any idea how she broke the leg - can you feel a break? Have you tried splinting the leg?
Has she been able to get to food/water since she was injured?
Is vet care an option?

Welcome To BYC

How old is she?
Do you have photos?

Any idea how she broke the leg - can you feel a break? Have you tried splinting the leg?
Has she been able to get to food/water since she was injured?
Is vet care an option?
She's around 10 months, I'll take some photos now of her. I can't feel a break, and I haven't tried splinting yet. She's had fresh food and feed, and she's been drinking water. I don't think the vet would be an option, as I live far away from the closet one.

She's around 10 months, I'll take some photos now of her. I can't feel a break, and I haven't tried splinting yet. She's had fresh food and feed, and she's been drinking water. I don't think the vet would be an option, as I live far away from the closet one.
I think she'll be fine if she's eating and drinking. A vet would only be necessary if you see it getting worse or not recovering at all.

Good luck :)

How did she break her leg? Was it a bad wound or did she actually break her leg like break a bone or claw or something?

Oh.
She didn't break her bone. She hurt it when my large rooster attempted to mount her, I hadn't realized until morning, and when I did realize she had fell of a high roost onto the ground.
She should be fine, my hens sometimes limp from the roosters.. don't let the rooster get to her until shes fully recovered. I don't think you have to seek any medical attention, just keep an eye on her and keep her separated.

Back
Top Bottom