Broken leg/Drifting asleep/Drooping wing

if she has an egg broken in her or she’s egg bound, she would have trouble pooping as everything comes out of one hole basically. She would either not poop or have very small liquids poop. If a hen is egg bound or has a egg broken in her, people give the chickens calm soothing bath in warm water with some epsom salt mixed in it for around 20 minutes. She needs to be calm in the bath And probably hold her down a little so the water is up to her vent. You should maybe also rub vaseline around her vent area as a lubricant so the pieces can slide out easier if an egg is possibly broken in her. if she has an egg broken in her, it most likely won’t fix after 1 bath, you would probably have to give her a few baths throughout the day or in the span of a week. I’d say throughout the week because she could possibly get cold if she’s too wet. Good luck and you should probably watch videos of it to get a better understanding
Thank you, her feces look normal, they're the same size as always and not liquid. I can try bathing her, although I don't have any epsom salt.
Is she on pain relief?
She doesn't seem to be in pain, she's making her normal noises and she isn't in shock either, but if it is needed I do have some pain relief I could give her.

Thank you, her feces look normal, they're the same size as always and not liquid. I can try bathing her, although I don't have any epsom salt.

She doesn't seem to be in pain, she's making her normal noises and she isn't in shock either, but if it is needed I do have some pain relief I could give her.
Do you know what Marek's disease is?

When was the last/most recent time you brought any new to you bird/s home?

Do you know what Marek's disease is?

When was the last/most recent time you brought any new to you bird/s home?
My chickens haven't ever been gotten Marek's disease so I don't know much, I got a new silkie around 6 days ago and 2 bantams 4 days ago, but the silkie and the bantams don't have any symptoms, nor has my sebright ever interacted with them.

My chickens haven't ever been gotten Marek's disease so I don't know much, I got a new silkie around 6 days ago and 2 bantams 4 days ago, but the silkie and the bantams don't have any symptoms, nor has my sebright ever interacted with them.

If your bird passes I highly recommend getting a necropsy performed by your state lab.

Okay, I can try to get a necropsy if she passes, might be hard to do but I'll certainly try.
Are you in the US?
Every state has a state lab that will perform one for fairly cheap... Some of the states actually do them for free.

Are you in the US?
Every state has a state lab that will perform one for fairly cheap... Some of the states actually do them for free.
I don't live in the US, but I can still try, it'll probably either be expensive or never end up happening though, I live quite far from the capital or any big city, making it quite hard.

This is how she looks today, I had to move her to nest box because she looked worse. She has fresh food and feed, she ate a bit but not much and I now need to actually force her to drink. I'm concerned about the white bit next to her eye, it wasn't there yesterday. When I went to get her she was laying down with both her wings spread out next to her, is this because of the heat or something else?
1E4C51A8-88CB-4904-9375-E52CD1704ED6.jpeg
25E2ECF1-958A-4983-8F0D-0E0415E93785.jpeg
80158754-AC5A-4887-BD21-50EABF5790DF.jpeg

Can you wipe away the white bit - it may just be debris.

I'm sorry that she's getting worse.
It's hard to know what's going on with her, but if it's disease like Marek's she may worsen more.
The spreading of the wings is usually not due to heat, it's a progression of illness.

Back
Top Bottom