BROKEN LEG!!!

Gunleather

Chirping
Jul 18, 2021
Hey y'all, I have a 9 month old Royal Palm turkey with a broken leg, I cleaned it up put some antiseptic spray on and splinted it. I can't find a bird vet. My question is can they have penicillin??? And how much should be given if so. Any other advice would be appreciated. She is nice and calm resting in my bed lol. She did drink a few drops of water I will give more later, hopefully she will drink. I think one of the horses may have kicked or stepped on her. 🥺😢

Attachments

• IMG_20220816_135352257.jpg
    IMG_20220816_135352257.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 21
Hey y'all, I have a 9 month old Royal Palm turkey with a broken leg, I cleaned it up put some antiseptic spray on and splinted it. I can't find a bird vet. My question is can they have penicillin??? And how much should be given if so. Any other advice would be appreciated. She is nice and calm resting in my bed lol. She did drink a few drops of water I will give more later, hopefully she will drink. I think one of the horses may have kicked or stepped on her. 🥺😢
Get the blanket off of her. It can interfere with her ability to regulate her body temperature.

Get the blanket off of her. It can interfere with her ability to regulate her body temperature.
The blanket was only on a few minutes to help calm her down and the air conditioner was blowing plus a ceiling fan. Not to mention the heat index has been over 105 outside. Talk about unable to regulate temp. I asked about dosage of penicillin nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom